How many phrasal verbs should I learn?
How many phrasal verbs should you learn? Native English speakers use phrasal verbs all the time, and at times it can be hard to avoid using them. So, if native English speakers use them all the time, why wouldn’t you? In this video lesson, we will go through how many phrasal verbs you should learn to improve your English speaking skills, and also go through tips to help you better remember and use phrasal verbs when speaking in English.
Watch the video lesson to learn how many phrasal verbs you should learn
Make sure to turn on subtitles by clicking the CC button if you are struggling to follow the lesson 🙂
Friends, you can help others learning English by translating this video lesson in your native language.
Click here to translate this video lesson to your native language, to help English learners from your country better the English language
How many phrasal verbs should you learn?
As native English speakers use phrasal verbs all the time, you should know a wide range of phrasal verbs to be able to express yourself in English. There is no exact number of phrasal verbs I can tell you that you need to learn, but I do suggest that you pay attention to how natives use phrasal verbs so that you can incorporate them when you have to speak in English.
Though, there are easy ways you can learn phrasal verbs to improve your English vocabulary.
The easy ways to learn phrasal verbs by topic mentioned in the video lesson are:
1. Immerse yourself with English and pay attention to phrasal verbs being used
2. Learn Phrasal Verbs by topic
3. Write down those topics on a piece of paper
4. Divide your diary/vocabulary book into topics, and add any new phrasal verbs you hear or learn under those topics
5. Personalize those phrasal verbs, by making sentences using those phrasal verbs which related directly to you
6. Listen to natural conversations in English, so that you can hear phrasal verbs being used naturally in English
7. Use any new phrasal verbs you learn in spoken form. Find an English speaking partner, with whom you can practice speaking and using these phrasal verbs
** In the video lesson we went through a story teaching you how to learn phrasal verbs through immersion. For the full lesson notes on the text click here to watch it
Download the audio lesson below:
If you loved this English Lesson, you will also love these lessons…
30 Common Business English Expressions you need to know to improve your Business English Communication skills. in this lesson you will learn over 30 Common Business English Expressions, their definition and how to use them when speaking in English!Watch the video...
Learn these 30 common English phrasal verbs to improve your English vocabulary and sound more natural speaking in English. In this video lesson, we will go through 30 common English phrasal verbs, by different topics, to help you sound more natural when speaking in...
How to Pronounce Contractions in English? Improve your English Pronunciation and speaking skills by learning how to pronounce the most common contractions. In this English pronunciation lesson, we will go through common contractions in the English language found with...